10.7.09

Spanish heat

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm off on my -not so complete- family vacation..
the excitement has finally kicked in..so now its time to act like a tourist and pull out my trusty camera..

Unfortunately once we stepped into the city of Madrid we were welcomed by the endless traffic and heavy construction sites..it sort of remind me of a city I'm deeply familiar with..Let's see?? Jakarta perhaps..;p

However I can't be more please with the lovely spanish weather..its been a while since i've enjoyed everlasting sunshine. No complaints!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
stupid story behind this pic :
so I was really "eager" to get a snap of these lovely couple that as I was about to take of the cap of my camera lens it actually fell into a water gutter below the street. To make it even worst these gutters had bars, so it made it impossible for normal human hands to reach in.
Seeing the look on our faces a nice lady came up to us, in Spanish she told us to ask for the police's help. So we did. Unfortunately we had such a hard time explaining them our condition and once they've understood what the problem was they weren't able to help us either. WOW! that was a waste of time..
Well luckily my brother and I have seen too much MacGyver, we came up with a plan to try to pick the lens cap using gum and use the straps from our camera case as ropes. brilliant idea right?! So we decided to take a shot at it. it was sort of humiliating because then random people started looking at us like some wacko tourist kneeling down a gutter in the middle of a crowded street but whatever, my main concern was my lens cap and tadaaaa our plan worked like a charm. Great teamwork bro!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: